Worksheets & References
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
– Milton Berle
Worksheet 1: Pillars & Passions
(A) Brainstorm a list of words and phrases that define your core values and write them down.
(B) Next, answer the following questions:
- What do you care about?
- What drives you?
- What do you consider your passions?
(C) List your top four passions.
Worksheet 2: Clarity & Consistency
(A) Take a moment to define the following brands:
- Define your or company’s brand in one to two sentences
- Clarify your personal brand.
(B) Think about building consistency in your brand. Make a list of things you can do to promote your brand and develop a reputation for building dependability on a daily basis.
Worksheet 3: Professionalism & Rapport
- Consider ways that you can exhibit professionalism. List these on a piece of paper. Remember to be specific.
- You are meeting someone for the first time at a professional association. Write a few ideas on how to build a rapport with the other person.
Worksheet 4: Blog & Elevator Speech
- Consider your passions and draft your first blog post.
- Create an elevator speech. Remember that you need to be able to communicate it in roughly 30 seconds.
Worksheet 5: Tool & Attributes & Uniqueness
- Draft three tweets to engage people with your brand.
- Take a minute to identify your unique attributes. Brainstorm a list of attributes in the space below.
Outside of the Box
- Take a minute to brainstorm out of the box ideas to promote your brand.
Citroen, Lida, Patti Thorn and Scott Maiwald (2011) Reputation 360: Creating Power through Personal Branding
Clark, Dorie (2013) Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future
Clive, Bernard Kelvin (2013) The No Nonsense Guide to Personal Branding for Career Success
Handley, Ann and C.C. Chapman (2010) Content Rules
Kang, Karen (2012) BrandingPays: The Five Step System to Reinvent Your Personal Brand
Kaputa, Catherine (2012) You Are a Brand!: In Person and Online, How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success
Wilson, Jeff and Ira Blumenthal (2008) Managing Brand You: 7 Steps to Creating You Most Successful Self